Send Mails in SharePoint Event Receiver


After I getting the user, email id from item( described in Previous Post) . Now I need to send mail to the user, I tried lot of ways to send mails and finally I realise that below code is best for my scenario to send mails.

SmtpClient smtpClient = new SmtpClient();
smtpClient.Host = properties.Web.Site.WebApplication.OutboundMailServiceInstance.Server.Address;
MailMessage mailMessage = new MailMessage(MailFrom, mailTo);
mailMessage.Subject = MailSubject;

mailMessage.Body = MailBody;
mailMessage.IsBodyHtml = true;
smtpClient.Send(mailMessage);


here smtpClient.Host is getting the local mail server address and we include from, to and subject, body in MailMessage and finaly send the message using smtpClient.Send(mailMessage), and don’t forgot to include try catch blocks. Good luck.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PAGE NOT FOUND ERROR PAGE IN SHAREPOINT 2013

Get Host site list items in SharePoint Hosted App.